Cranberries have always been a popular Christmas decor because of its vines that feature small leaves, dark pink flowers, and berry fruits that turn into a deep shade of red when ripe. This festive color combination is what makes it a favorite component to Christmas decorations. Here are a few ideas on how to use cranberries for your holiday decor:
- Fill clear, cylindrical vases of varying sizes with cranberries to create an interesting centerpiece. You can also include pillar candles inside the vases for a more romantic feel. For a more cohesive look, surround the base of the vases with garlands made from cranberry leaves.
- Using a needle and a thick yarn, pierce the fruits together to produce a string of red berries long enough to twirl around Christmas trees. This would also look great on garlands as an added decorative touch.
- Cover a Styrofoam ball with artificial leaves and stud it with cranberries. Hang a handful of these on trees, and above the doors and windows for a homey and rustic design.
- Get small foam trees or cones and fasten cranberries onto them so that they look like small Christmas trees. Use them on tables in the living room and the dining area.
- Create a wreath made of twigs and spray paint it with glittering red or green. Glue cranberries all over as accents, and hang small gold or silver balls for a richer texture. Mount your creation on the front door to create a truly happy welcome for your guests and loved ones.
There’s no need to splurge on expensive ornaments to decorate your home during the holiday season. Add oomph to your decor with personalized cranberry creations to set your home apart from the rest.by