Sprucing up the home for Christmas doesn’t mean splurging on expensive décor. There are plenty of things around the home that you can use to adorn your rooms. Pine cones, for example, are abundant at this time of the year. With some craft materials and lots of creativity, you can turn these conifers into interesting works of art.
- Make garlands and wreaths more charming by using pine cones as accent pieces. You can also try bundling them together and sticking the clusters to the banister, mantel, or door frame for a rustic look.
- Use pine cones to decorate your Christmas tree. Insert colorful strings or ribbons, and then hang them on the branches. Paint the cones in different metallic shades, and then dust with glitter to make the ornaments look modern yet homey.
- Create a unique table centerpiece. Fill a decorative plate with pine cones along with pillar candles in clear vases. Add smaller ones for a richer texture.
- Put a personal touch on presents by attaching pine cones to your wrapping. Glue a trio at the corner, or use it to seal your gift card.
- Make topiaries out of pine cones by sticking them on a Styrofoam tree. Embellish it with berries and holly leaves to make the décor more enchanting. Put the tree in a small pot, and place the topiaries on tabletops around your house.
There’s no need to overspend on Christmas ornaments to get the house ready for the holidays. A basket of pine cones and your imagination can bring the merriment of the season in your home.by